While working loads of data in MS Excel it can become very difficult as well as time taking to locate the specific information. You can search for the workbooks by using the Find feature which will let you change the content by using the Replace feature. You can also learn about Cell Basics in MS Excel 2016.
Finding the Content:
- 1st of all from the Home tab you need to click the Find and Select command and after that select Find from the drop-down menu.
- Now you will notice the Find and Replace dialog box will appear,
- Now enter the content which you want to find.
- Now click on Find Next and if content is found then the cel containing that content will be selected.
- Click Find Next in order to find further instances or click Find All in order to see every instance of the search term.
- When you are done click on Close in order to exit the Find and Replace dialog box.
- Find command can also be accessed by pressing Ctrl+F from your keyboard.
Replacing the Cell Content:
There are some scenarios where you will find out that you have made repeatitive mistakes throughout the workbook like misspelling anyone’s name. You may also have to exchange a particular word or phrase for another one. IN such situations you can use Find and Replace feature in order to make quick revisions.
- 1st of all you are required to click on Find and Select command from the Home tab and select Replace from the drop-down menu.
- Now you will see the Find and Replace will appear.
- Type the text which you need to find in the Find What field.
- IN the next step you are required to type in the text which you need to replace it with in the Replace With: field and after that click Find What.
- Now if the content is found the cell containing the content will be selected.
- Now you need to review the text in order to make sure you want to replace it.
- Now if you need to replace it select one of the replace option. Selecting Replace will replace the individual instances and Replace All will replace each instance of the text throughout the workbook,
- Now you will notice that a dialog box will appear confirming the number of replacements made. Click OK in order to continue.
- The selected cell content will be replaced.
- Once you are finished you are required to click Close in order to exit the Find and Replace dialog box.
With these simple steps you will be able to find and replace particular word or phrase in your worksheet.