Tables are the tools which can be used for displaying the information in MS PowerPoint. A table is actually a grid of cells which are arranged in rows and columns. Tables can be used for various different tasks which includes presenting the numerical data and text information. You can also learn about Shapes in MS PowerPoint 2016.
Inserting a Table:
- 1st of all you need to click on Table command from the Insert tab.
- In the next step you need to hover the mouse over the grid iof squares to select the desired number of columns and rows in the table.
- You will notice that a table will appear on the currently selected slide.
- Now click anywhere in the table and then begin typing to add text. You can also use the Tab key or the arrow key on your keyboard for navigating through the table.
- You can also insert the table by simply clicking the Insert table command in placeholder.
Moving a Table:
- Click and drag the edge of the table in order to move it to a new location on a slide.
Resizing a Table:
- Click as well as drag the sizing handles till the table is of the desired size.
Adding a Row or Column:
- 1st of all click a cell adjacent to the location where you need to add a row or column.
- Now click on the layout tab on the right side of the Ribbon.
- Now you need to locate the Rows & Columns group. Now if you need to insert a new row then select either Insert above or Insert Below.
- If you need to insert a new column, select either Insert Left or Insert Right.
- Now you will notice that the new row or column will appear.
Deleting a Row or Column:
- 1st of all you need to select the desired row or column.
- From the layout tab in the Rows & Columns group and click the Delete command and then select Delete Rows or delete Columns from the menu.
- You will notice that the selected row or column will be deleted.
Deleting a Table:
- Click the edge of the table which you need to delete and after that press the Backspace or Delete key on your keyboard.
Applying a Table Style:
- 1st of all select any cell in your table and then click the Design tab on the right side of the Ribbon.
- Now locate the Table Styles group and after that click the More drop-down arrow in order to see the available table styles.
- Now you need to select the desired styles.
- You will notice that the selected table style will be applied.
Changing the table Style Options:
- First of all select any cell in your table.
- Now from the Design tab you need to check or uncheck the desired options in the Table style Options group.