Shapes are something which will make your PowerPoint presentation very compelling and interesting. MS PowerPoint will provides you loads of different shapes to choose from and these shapes can be customized in order to suite your needs by using your own color palette and preferences. While you may require the shapes in all the presentations you create as they can make your presentations visually very appealing. You can also learn about Using Find and Replace in MS Excel 2016.
Inserting a Shape in MS PowerPoint:
In order to insert the shape in your MS PowerPoint presentation you need to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all you ar required to select the Insert tab and then click the Shapes command in the Illustrations group. You will notice that a drop-down menu of shapes will appear.
- From this menu you need to select the desired shape.
- Now you need to click and drag in the desired location to add the shape to the side.
Modifying a Shape or Text Box:
Whenever you click on the shape or the text box you will notice that handles will appear which will allow you to manipulate the shape. The handles are of different types which include Sizing handles, Rotation handles and Yellow handles.
Sizing Handle: Click and then drag on the sizing handles till your shape or the text box is of the desired size. Corner sizing handles can be used for changing the height and width simultaneously.
Rotation Handles: Click and drag the rotation handle in order to rotate the shape.
Yellow handles: Some shapes have got one or more yellow handles which can be used for customizing the shape.
Changing the Shape Style:
In order to change the shape style you ar required to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all you need to select the shape or the text box which you need to change.
- From the Format tab you ar required to click on More drop-down arrow in Shape Styles group.
- You will notice that a drop-down menu of styles will appear and from this menu you need to select the style which you need to use.
- You will see the shape or text will appear in the selected style.
Changing the Shape Fill Color:
- 1st of all select the shape or text box you need to change.
- On the Format tab you need to click the Shape Fill drop-down arrow. You will notice that Shape Fill menu will appear.
- Now you need to move the mouse over various colors. Select the color which you need to use.
- In order to view more color options you need to select More Fill Colors.
- You will notice that the shape and text box will appear in the selected color.
Changing the Shape Outline:
- 1st of all select the shape or text box which you want to change.
- Now you need to click the Shape Outline drop-down arrow from the Format tab and you will see the Shape Outline menu will appear.
- Now select the color which you need to use.
- If you want the outline to be transparent you need to select No Outliine.