MS PowerPoint is the application which is used for creating presentations which is composed of text, images, sounds and special effects. In this tutorial you will learn how can you add sounds into your presentations. You can add sounds from your hard drive, from CD or from the clip organizer.
Inserting Sound File from your Computer:
In order to insert file from your PC you need to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all you need to select the slide where you need to add the sound.
- Now select the Insert tab.
- Click on the drop down arrow on the Sound command in the Media CLIps group.
- Now you need to select Sound from File from the menu. By doing so the Insert Sound dialog box will appear.
- Now you are required to locate the sound file on your computer.
- Select the desired file.
- Now you need to click OK and then you will see a sound icon and dialog box will appear.
- Select Automatically or When Clicked option. Automatically option will start playing the sound automatically the moment the slide appears in the SlideShow view. On the other hand When Clicked option will start playing the sound when you will click on it.
Inserting Sound in the Clip Organizer:
- In order to insert the Sound from Clip Organizer you need to follow these steps.
- Select the slide where you need to add the sound clip.
- Now you need to select the Insert tab.
- In next step you are required to click on drop-down arrow on the Sound command in the Media Clips group.
- Now select Sound from Clip Organizer from the menu and you will see that a Clip Art task pane will appear.
- Now you need to enter the keywords in the search field.
- IN the next step you are required to click on Go and clip art sound results will appear in the task pane.
- Now click on the sound file in the task pane in order to insert it. You will notice that a sound icon and a dialog box will appear.
With the above mentioned step you will be able to add sounds into your presentations.