MS Word is the world’s leading text editor developed by MS Office . While creating a text document you have to consider the line and paragraph spacing. You can easily increase the spacing to enhance the readability and can also reduce it in order to fit more text on the page. Line Spacing is the space between each line in the paragraph. MS Word lets you customize the line spacing to be single spaced, double spaced or any other amount. You can also learn about Tables in MS PowerPoint 2016.
Formatting Line Spacing:
In order to format the line spacing you need to fiollow these simple steps.
- 1st of all you are required to select the text which you need to format.
- Now on the Home tab you need to click the Line and Paragraph Spacing command.
- After this you need to select the desired line spacing.
- The line spacing will change in the document.
Fine Tuning the Line Spacing:
When it comes to line and spacing options you are not limited to the Line and paragraph Spacing menu. For adjusting the spacing with accuracy you need to select Line Spacing Options from the menu in order to access the paragraph dialog box. After this you will have few additional options which can be used for customizing the spacing.
- Exactly: This option the line spacing is measured in points for example font size.
- At least: This application allows you to selelct the points of spacing which you need. However if you have various different sizes of the text on the same line, the spacing will expand in order to fit the larger text.
- Multiple: Multiple option allows you to type the number of lines of spacing you want like selecting Multiple and changing the spacing to 1.2 will make the text a bit more spread out than the single-spaced text. If you need the lines to be closer together you can select smaller value for example 0.9.
Like line spacing in your document you can also adjust spacing before and after paragraphs. This feature comes in handy for separating paragraph, heading and subheading.
Formating Paragraph Spacing:
In order to format the paragraph spacing you need to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all you are required to select the paragraph which you need to format.
- Now from the Home tab you need to click the Line and Paragraph Spacing command.
- Now click Add Space Before Paragraph or Remove Space after Paragraph from the drop-down menu.
- From the drop-down menu you can also select Line Spacing Options for opening the Paragraph dialog box. From here you can control how much space there is before and after the paragraph.