MS PowerPoint allows you to add the audio content into your presentations like you can add the background music into one slide and a sound effect into another slide. You can also record your own commentary and narration. The added audio content can also be edited. You can also learn about Line and Paragraph Spacing in MS Word 2016.
Inserting the Audio File from a File:
In order to add an audio file from File you need to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all you need to click Audio from the Insert tab. And after that select Audio on My PC.
- Now locate and select the desired audio file and after that click Insert.
- You will notice that the audio file will be added into your slide.
Recording Your Own Audio:
There are scenarios where you have to record your own voice into your presentation like you may want to add the narration into your presentation. You need to make sure that you have got a microphone which is compatible with your computer.
For recording the audio content you need to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all you need to click on Audio drop down arrow from the Home tab and after that select Record Audio.
- Now you need to type a name for the audio recording if you need.
- Now you are required to click on Record buton for starting the recording process.
- Once you are finished click the Stop button.
- Now for previewing the recording you are required to click the Play button.
- Now click OK when you are done. The audio will be added into your slide.
Previewing Audio File:
In order to preview the audio file follow these steps.
- 1st of all click on an audio file to select it.
- Now click the Play/Pause button below the audio file. The sound will start playing and the timeline located right next to the Play/Pause button will advance.
- In order to jump to a different part of the file you need to click anywhere on the timeline.
Moving an Audio File:
- Click and drag to move the audio file to the new location on a slide.
- Deleting Audio File:
- Select the audio file which you need to delete and after that press the Backspace or Delete key from your keyboard.
Trimming an Audio File:
- 1st of all selelc the audio file and after that click the Playback tab on the Ribbon.
- Now click on the Trim Audio command.
- You will notice a dialog box will appear. You need to use the green handle to set the start time and the red handle to set the end time.
- In order to preview the audio file you need to click the Play button.
- Now adjust the handles once again if necessary and then click on OK.
Adding Fade in and Fade out:
- From the playback tab you need to locate the Fade In: and Fade Out: fields.
- Now you need to type the desired values or use the up and down arrows for adjusting the times.