Some of the sofware applications which are developed for the previous versions of Windows can run very well in Windows 10 but you might have some of the older apps which don’t work well and some of them won’t work at all with the new operating system. This issue can be fixed by changing their compatibility mode settings. Windows has got a built-in tool which is known as Program Compatibility Troubleshooter which can fix any compatibility issues automatically. Now if the troubleshooter can not fix the problem you can manually make the application run in the compatibility mode which will run the app using the settings from an earlier version of Windows. You can also learn about Formatting the Tables in MS Excel 2007. Now for using the Windows Program Compatibility Troubleshooter you need to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all in the taskbar search box enter run programs and then click “Run programs made for previous versions of Windows.”
- Now in the next step you are required to click Next and the toubleshooter will try to detect the potential issues with your applications.
- Now select the app which is having the issues in the next window and then click Next.
- Now select a troubleshooting option and use the compatibility setting or select compatibility settings yourself.
- If you will select to use the recommended settings, the troubleshooter will test the application by using a previous version of Windows so that you can see if that eliminates the issue.
- Now in the next step you are required to click the Test the program button and then after that click on Next.
- After this you can either select to save the settings for the app, try different settings or report the problem to Microsoft.
How to Run an App in Compatibility Mode:
As an alternative you can also go to the app’s properties in order to change its compatibility mode settings. With the compatibility mode you can force an app to use the settings from an earlier version of Windows. For running the app in Compatibility mode you need to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all you need to right click on an app and then select Properties. This can be done from the app’s shortcut or by navigating in File Browser to the EXE file.
- Now you need to select the Compatibility tab and then click the box next to “Run this program in compatibility mode for:”
- In the next step you need to select the version of Windows to use for the settings of your app in the dropdown box.
- Now in the next step you are required to hot the Apply button then run your app and see if this is fixed your issues.
With the above mentioned step you will be able to run an application in the compatibility mode in Windows 10.