MS Excel is an office application which can be used for creating spreadsheets. While entering the information into the spreadsheet you may like to format it. Formatting of your spreadsheet will make it look nicer as well as very easy to use. In this tutorial you will learn how can you use the predefined tables styles in MS Excel 2007. You can also learn about Columns and Ordering in MS Word 2007.
Formatting the Tables:
Formatting information as a table:
For formatting the information as a table you need to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all you need to select any cell that contains the information.
- Now you need to click the Format as Table command in the Styles group located in the Home tab. You will see that a list of predefined tables will appear.
- In the next step you are required to left click a table style in order to select it.
- A dialog box will appear. MS Excel has selected the cells for your table automatically. The cells will appear selected in the spreadsheet and the range will appear in the dialog box.
- Now you need to change the range which is listed in the field if required.
- Now you need to verify that the box is selected in order to indicate that your table has headings.
- Deselect the box if your table have no column headings.
- Now click on OK and the table will appear formatted in the style you will select.
Modifying the table
For modifying the table you need to follow these simple steps.
- First of all you need to select any cell in the table. The Table Tool Design tab will become active. From here onwards you can modify the table in several different ways.
- Select different table in the table Styles Options group. Click on More drop-down arrow in order to see more table styles.
- Now you need to delete or add Header Row in the Table Styles Options group.
- Now insert Total Row in the Table Styles Options group.
- In the next step you need to remove or add banded rows or columns.
- Now you need to make the 1st and the last columns bold.
- Now you need to give a name to your table in the Properties group.
- Now change the cells that make up the table by clicking Resize Table.