Windows 10 has got a built-in digital assistant which will help you to gather important information and manage your schedule. With Cortana you can also send the messages and many more. In this tutorial we will have a look how Cortana will help you in accomplishing various different tasks. You can also learn about Setting a Compatibility Mode for Apps in Windows 10.
Send an Email from Cortana
Sending an Email is sometimes a very laborious activity which needs to open a specific app. For sending the email you start from a draft nd then toggle through a series of fields. Cortana has natural language recognition. Cortana is a feature that has been introduced in Windows 10 which will allow you to send an email easily. In order to send the email with Cortana you need to have an account setup in Windows Mail. For sending an email with Cortana in Windows 10 you need to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all you need to click on “Ask me anything” box and then type or say “I want to send an email to (name of the recipient) followed by the message body.
- Now you need to select the contact to whom you need to send the email to. Cortana will prompt you if there are more than one contact which match the name you wrote or spoke.
- Once the message is completed you need to click on Send.
- With these simple steps you will be able to send your email.
Setting a Reminder with Cortana in Windows 10
In Windows 10 you can tell Cortana to remind you to perform a specific task at a certain time of the day. In order to set a reminder with Cortana you need to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all you need to activate the Cortana or select the “Ask me anything” field.
- In the next step you need to write or say “remind me to (activity) in (timeline).
- If Cortana did not process your request exactly as you had like then tap on the reminder, day or the time fields and then edit theor contents for making sure the correct reminder is set.
- Now if you require the reminder to recur then you need to click on “Only once.”
- The reminder can be set in everyday or on specific days of the week.
- Now you need to click on Remind once you are satisfied with the terms you have set.
Enabling a Contact Based Reminder:
- 1st of all you need to type in the “Ask me anything” prompt that reminds you to tell one of your contacts something.
- Now select “Remind” if it is easy to edit the fields if something is incorrect or incomplete. If Cortana dows not recognize the name or you have got more than one contact with the same name then you will be asked to select from a list or browse your contacts. Cortana will conform the reminder.
- This reminder will pop-up when you will next communicate with that person.
- Now if you need to see all of your reminders you need to click the Lightbulb button in the Cortana menu.