While working with MS Excel you will have to enter the information into the cells which are actually the basic building blocks of the worksheet. As this is the basic building block so you need to learn the basics of the cells as well as cell contents in order to calculate, analyze and organize the data in MS Excel. All the worksheets are made up of loads of rectangles which are known as cells. A cell is actually an intersection of rows and a column. The columns are assigned alphabetical letters like A,B and C etc. On the other hand cell is identified by numbers like 1,2 and 3 etc. Each cell has got a unique cell address which is based on it’s column and row. In this tutorial you will learn some of the basics of the cell. You can also learn about Exploring Paint 3D in Windows 10.
Selecting a Cell:
In order to select a cell you need to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all you are required to click a cell and then select it.
- Once you click on the cell a border will appear around the selected cell and you will see that the column heading as well as row heading will be highlighted.
Selecting the Cell Range:
In order to select the cell range you need to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all click and drag the mouse until all of the adjoining cells you need to select are highlighted.
- Now release the mouse to select the desired cell range. The cell will remain selected till you click another cell in the worksheet.
Inserting the Cell Content:
- 1st of all you are required to click a cell in order to select it.
- Now you need to type something into the selected cell and the press Enter from your keyboard. The content will appear in the cell and the formula bar. You can also input as well as edit the content of the cell in the formula bar.
Deleting the Cell Content:
- 1st of all you need to select the cells with content which you need to delete.
- Now you need to select the Clear command on the Home tab and after that click Clear Contents.
- The contents of the cells will be deleted.
Deleting the Cells:
- 1st of all you are required to select the cell which you need to delete.
- Now select the Delete command from the Home tab on the Ribbon.
- The cells below will shift up and will fill in the gaps.
Copy and Paste Cell Content:
- 1st of all select the cells which you need to copy.
- Click the copy command located on the Home tab or you can also opt to press Ctrl+C on your keyboard.
- Now select the cell where you need to paste the content.
- Click the paste command on the Home tab or you can also opt for pressing Ctrl+V from your keyboard.
- The content will be pasted into the selected cells.
With these steps you will be able to paste the cell contents from one cell to another.