Styles and Themes are very powerful tools which will allow you create professional looking documents easily. A Style isa predefined combination of font style, color and size of the text that can be applied to the selected text. A Theme is the set of formatting choices which can be applied to the whole document and it also include theme color, fonts and effects. You can also learn about Exploring Charts in MS Excel 2007.
Using Styles and Themes:
Selecting a Style:
In order to select a style you need to follow these steps.
- 1st of all you need to select the text which you need to format.
- Now in the Style group on the Home tab hover over every style to see a live preview in the document.
- Click on More drop-down arrow in order to see additional styles.
- Now you are required to left click a style in order to select it. The selected text will appear formatted in the style.
Modifying a Style:
- 1st of all you are required to select the text in the style which you need to change.
- Now locate the style in the Styles group.
- Now right click the style and a menu appears.
- Left click on the Modify and Modify Style dialog box will appear.
- Change any of the formatting.
- Click on OK to apply the modifications to the style.
Creating a New Style:
- 1st of all click on the arrow located in the bottom right corner of the Styles group. This action of yours will open the Styles task pane.
- Now click on the New Style button at the bottom and a dialog box will appear.
- Now enter the name for the style and make all of the formatting decisions.
- Now select the button beside New Document which is based on this template so the style will be available to use in all of your documents.
- Now click OK and you will see a new style will appear in the list.
Applying a Style Set:
- 1st of all click the Change Styles command on the Ribbon.
- Now select the Style Set from the menu that appears.
- Now left click a style set to select it. You will see that the change is reflected in the whole document.
Applying a Theme:
- 1st of all select the Page Layout tab.
- Now click the Themes command.
- In the next step you need to hover your pointer over a theme to see it displayed in the document.
- Now left click on the theme in order to select it.
Creating a Custom Theme:
- 1st of all open the document which you want to format.
- Now select the Page Layout tab.
- Now click on the Colors command.
- Now select the Create New Theme Colors. You will notice that a dialog box will appear.
- Use the drop-down menus in order to change the colors for each part of the document.
- In the next step you are required to enter the name of the theme color.
- Now click on Save.
- In the next step click on Fonts command.
- Now select Create New Theme Fonts. A new dialog box will appear.
- Now use the drop-down menu to change the fonts in the dialog box.
- Now enter the name for theme font.
- Click on Save.
- In the next step click the effects command and select an option from the drop-down menu.
- Now click on the Themes command.
- Select the Save Current Theme and you will notice a dialog box will appear.
- Enter the name of the theme and then click on Save.